Special Education

Special Education

Monday, June 25, 2012

Tool #3


Finding Online Video and Image Resources



I think we teachers in Life Skills have a limited resource as far as videos are concerned. Teacher Tube and You Tube and Discovery Education seem to be pretty inclusive. As I find more, I will add them to my favorites.

I put videos into my blog in 3 different ways. They are all video shorts about whales or dolphins for my Life Skills kiddies. The first one is just a hotlink. The second one, I used the  You Tube  video embed. The third one is an HTML embed from  Teacher Tube .

http://www.teachertube.com/members/viewVideo.php?video_id=241548&title=Whales




Killer Whales






I finished my Masters and passed my Texas certification in School Library Science a couple of years ago so I am already relatively familiar with Copyright Law and fair use.

I also found Drop Box 5 years ago and have been using it for personal videos. I could use it as a place to store videos and also to create an interface for my students to choose videos to watch..

No comments:

Post a Comment